Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Pros of Being Weak

The last week or so, I've not felt well. I finally went to the doctor yesterday to find out that I have an intestinal infection that spread to my bladder. But this post isn't about y'all knowing I'm sick, or about y'all feeling sorry for me, or even about me at all. Because God has absolutely blown me away over the past couple of days. The way that He is working in and through me is so incredibly it's nearly overwhelming.

The last week or so, I've struggled to really have a solid quiet time. Don't get me wrong, I've met with the Lord. But each day, I would walk away feeling like our time together was rushed or I'd turned it into a to-do list. And then I got sick. And I struggled to be content. Something about sickness tends to make me want my mom, my normal life, my home. BUT...God has used me being sick and my weakness due to that for His glory, as He usually does.

The past couple of days, my quiet times have been INCREDIBLE, y'all. Like can't-get-enough, want-to-spend-the-whole-day-just-resting-at-God's-feet, overwhelmed-by-His-love good. And that's not because of me or anything I'm doing. On top of that, He has been so faithful in my classes. I'm going to be really honest and confess that I haven't been wild about teaching this week. I mean, come on...what sick person wants to stand in front of a group of people for an hour and a half and be engaging? Not me. In the times that I've had a crummy attitude, when I've considered cutting class short, on the days where I just wanted to stay in bed -- He showed up and made His name known. Christ is constantly reming me that He is the reason -- the reason why I'm here, the reason we have life, the reason for hope -- and that it's all about Him, in the sweetest way possible.

So often, I feel like I strive for strength. Like admitting weakness is something to deplore. That being sick, or needing other, or feeling inadequate is something to avoid at all costs. But that's not true. This week, our Father is teaching me that weakness can be a good thing. Because His grace is sufficient. And His power is made perfect in our weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9). Weakness simply proves God's power in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment